Wednesday 23 January 2013

There Are Angels In Thailand....

Writing this post is difficult - I am less than 12 hours out from meeting my new reflection.

This entire experience, so far, has exceed every single expectation I had.

I am going to try my best to keep my excitement and gratitude for what has happened to me to date from this post because this isn't really about my emotions, its about getting your teeth fixed in Thailand.

I have refrained from naming my Thai dentist, but I now feel that I have to share his name.

Dr Sunil is the Tooth Fairy and I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!


I returned this evening for my final temporary denture fitting and discussion about what is going to happen tomorrow. I was prepared for the scary lonely feeling of waking up on my own, a stranger in a strange land, but Dr Sunil had planned for my insane anxiety.....

As with all of his patients, I am to be collected from my hotel and driven to the hospital, as you are to all your appointments, his service also includes airport transfers both to and from your hotel. The idea of a dentist doing something like this in Australia would not even be considered and would most likely be laughed at. I already knew that would be the case but what he said next was just UNREAL!

He has arranged for 2 of his staff, the dental implant assistant and his receptionist to come with the driver to collect me at 7am tomorrow, they will then stay with me until I am returned to my hotel. That's right, stay with me, these two ladies will not leave my side, they will stay in my room and even spend the night with me to make sure that I am OK, that I am understood and that I am safe. Can you believe that? I barely could.....

Then he told me that I needed to go to the hospital tonight to get an x ray and some tests, I was really happy about that because I wanted to check it all out properly myself before I could really feel comfortable about going. I figured it would be just the driver and I but I was wrong again. My two guardian angels were coming with me! Again can you believe this?????

So we arrived at the hospital and it was beautiful and clean, in fact it was just as good if not better than any hospital I have ever been in or visited in my life. Bright, hygienic and amazingly efficient. I had all my tests done and was back in the car within the hour.

So right now its 10.30pm in Bangkok, I have to begin to fast at midnight.....

My surgery is at 8.30am and it will take 1 hour, Dr Sunil has told me he will make sure I sleep til Friday morning...YAY!! I'm getting the good drugs!

This really is about to happen...

A friend of mine dedicated this song to my journey...



Nearly there Susie....just a few more hours....

Thank you to everyone who has helped me get to this point.

Catch you all when I'm beautiful!





1 comment:

  1. You're already beautiful!!! Good luck my friend.

    -Christie

    ReplyDelete