Thursday 6 December 2012

This Is What Bad Teeth Do to Your Head....

How would you feel if you had to think about the words you use and have to change your sentence so your teeth don't show when you make certain sounds?

How would you feel if you couldn't look at anyone in the eye when you spoke - you had to look away so they didn't see?

How would you feel if you couldn't kiss your husband for about 3 years? HOW WOULD HE FEEL?

How would you feel if you couldn't smile or laugh without humiliation?

How would you feel if you had to consider the consistency of the food you eat, coupled with disease induced adverse reactions to most edible substances before mastication?

How would you feel if all you could think about is how much you need dental work and how badly you cant pay for it without mortgaging your home?

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR DIRTY LITTLE SECRET COULDN'T BE KEPT, WHEN THE WHOLE WORLD CAN SEE YOUR DISGUSTINGNESS????

How would you feel if there were only 2 people on the entire planet. your mother and Lee Daly,  who actually care enough about you to ask what's going on?

Ill tell you.

YOU FEEL LIKE SHIT.
YOU FEEL EMBARRASSED.
YOU GET ANGRY WHEN PEOPLE ENGAGE YOU IN FACE TO FACE CONVERSATION.
YOU JUST WANT THE WORLD NOT TO SEE YOU.

Basically, I have given up on myself, I feel less than....

Less than what? Everyone and everything.

I have never shared this with anyone, because I never thought Id get them fixed....I figured if I ignored it everyone else had to.... I'd settled for ugly.

But you cant ignore it....people are too nice, or too scared to say anything to your face.

People talk behind your back....

People judge you without knowing why you are in this position.

You know you are ugly.....

My teeth have effected every single facet of my life. My own self image, my relationship, my friendships, my social life, my volunteer involvement, my confidence in looking for other career opportunities....shit its even made think about the words I use to the checkout chick at Woolies!

This is a life changing journey...

I cant wait to find the real, true, confident me she has been MIA for at least 4 years.....













2 comments:

  1. Susie, I am so humbled to be able to read your blog and inner-most thoughts. I was so unaware of your turmoil :( But I am thrilled you are getting this done for YOU, and it isn't going to send you bankrupt. I am astounded how much dental treatment costs here......I recently lost both my crowns (they've been in for 15 years with temporary glue so did pretty well I think), one at a time, and was horrified that I'd possibly have to walk around all weekend with my gold post showing - very feral. This is of course an iota if what you have felt so I am so glad this will finally be rectified for you, you deserve it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pia!
      The reason I started to write this blog was because when I was researching this whole thing I really wanted to know from someone who had been there what the whole process was like, I could find nothing.I also wanted to get out there just how unfair the dental system is in Australia. The fact I even had to come here really makes me angry.
      I know that some of theses posts are very raw and personal but I am happy to share. I suppose you all know me pretty well now!!!!
      The best bit is Im not going to be feeling this way very very very soon!

      Delete