Thursday 3 October 2013

Tooth Fairy Does Thailand Act 2..... This Time She's Bringing "The Drill"

So posting about waiting for this to happen got boring so I stopped, until now

I wasn't going through anywhere near the emotional turmoil I did last time, probably because I knew where I was going and I knew The GHT team and Dr Sunil. Last time al I did was cry and freak out this time I could barely contain my excitement. My fear level was at 2 on a scale of 1 - 10 last time it was at about 25.....somewhat reflective of the number of extractions I had to get.

My last day in Brisbane was cool, It was fun saying "See you when I have teeth" to everyone nd the encouragement and support I have gotten from people all over the world let alone those in my daily life has really steeled me for the terror of the dental chair again.....

This time I flew Thai Airways, if you want to come to Bangkok fly with them. The flight was smooth the hostesses were lovely and they just kept on coming with the Bacardi and Coke so who could complain? The fact I did not have a stopover in purgatory i.e Kuala Lumpur made it even better.

I think what has also made this alot less scary is the fact I have a sidekick this time, we will call her "The Drill".  The Drill came, not only as support for me, but also to get a bit of medical treatment done here to. A bit of laser skin treatment and some dental work too.

Now, I can understand why people run drugs internationally. The Drill and I alighted from the plane got our passport stamped and walked out of the airport. The bag checking people were all just standing around laughing and chatting and did not x ray or search ONE bag that came off that plane. I wasnt happy about that and a little confused, it took me 2 hours to get through customs in Australia here it took 2 seconds. SCARY.

Airport pick up went smoothly, Thank you Dr Sunil, and we arrived at our apartment...WOW! Global Health Travel have wonderful accommodation. They have two apartment buildings they use and they are both great. I could not be happier.

Our first day here was basically medical day, The Drill went and had a laser skin treatment at Bumrungrad Hospital, it would have cost her over $2000 to get it back in Oz here, $240, and she saw the Dr and had it done straight away, she was back at the apartment within 2 hours!!!!

At 2 pm Dr Sunils car arrived to take us to the Clinic...I have to admit I was a little scared but mostly excited. I was so looking forward to walking in there again looking healthier and not like a sobbing lunatic. Dr Sunil has had some renovations and the surgery is even more ostentatious than before, gold things, chandilers...fancy shit!

I had had no drugs at all not even a sneaky bourbon when I walked into the room and guess what the chair did not freak me out I was excited. So excited I hoped everything was perfect and it was!

My implants have bonded nicely they are perfectly straight and we are ready to go he says. They took an impression of my mouth and the Dr Sunil said, we will start tonight at 8pm. You can wait here til then I will make you dinner then the surgeon will be here.....

OH MY GOD! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY SURGEON????? WHY?????

He explained to me Id need anaesthetic because they were going to expose my implants unscrew the abutments and put in the posts....Ummmmmmm..........WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!! So I said you mean go to sleep type anaesthetic, he said no, Local........this is when I started to freak out.....

MOUTH NEEDLES WHILE IM AWAKE, that's way scarier than birds, but I also knew that a little needle is nothing compared to what I've been through. I told him Ok but I wasn't staying there that long, I was going home having a bourbon or 28 then coming back....he agreed. Dr Sunil is so cool. Id kiss and hug him if it was appropriate. I went back to the waiting area, crying a little but The Drill was there and calmed me down.

Then she was called in.

The Drill was expecting just to have to get a crown and maybe get some laser tooth whitening .....mwahahahaha......... little did she know what Dr Sunil had to tell her.....The Drill has a fracture in her root and needs an implant! But she is so tough and so brave and just a really cool chicky AND SHE IS NOT GOING TO GO UNDER SHE IS GOING TO DO IT AWAKE!!!! The Drill is my HERO!!!! She also had a deep clean and polish, while she described the experience as harrowing her teeth look amazing and apparently feel wonderful and smooth. For all of the Drills work it cost around $2800! Half the price of in Australia!

So we leave and get back to our apartment and I throw down as much alcohol as I an and at 7pm, I go, back, alone, to Dr Sunil........

No comments:

Post a Comment