Thursday 8 August 2013

55 Days Bitches.....55 Days

OMG! OMG! OMG!

This time last year I was wondering how I was going to live the rest of my life a disgusting grot. I was an ugly, sad, embarrassed, shell of a human who had begun to steel themselves to accept that having a nice smile and feeling beautiful was forever lost.

I had just started on my dental journey 12 months ago, although my parents played a major role, I credit this to my beautiful friend Lady Lee, you are a reason, season and a lifetime, you crazy cat lady. The dentists had begun their bullshit profiteering but it was before my doctor had given me the OK to go ahead and get my teeth fixed, so I knew I was up for some dollars but I NEVER imagined exactly how much.

Ill never forget the day when I realised just how much this was going to cost and that I could NEVER in a million years afford to get the work done. My teeth were making me so sick, so much sicker than I should have been, I now know. I had begun to think I was going to die. Bad teeth kill people, that's not melodramatic, that's true. My teeth were going to go septic and I would have died, its inevitable, although maybe if I had got really sick they might have done something, who knows.....

That day I was sucked into a black hole, and the day I found Global Health Travel I was spat out the other side, into a world of hope and sparkles.

I have never been on such a ride, if you've been reading my blog you are fully aware of the ups and downs, the freak outs and the triumphs, the stitches and the temples.....it really has been mind blowing.

I have now been tooth free for about 7 months and to be honest I actually forget most of the time. I only really remember when I go to bite something and it doesn't work. Everyone I deal with on a daily basis knows what's going on, I have absolutely no self confidence issues at all. To me no teeth is far far better than the ugly meth addict looking teeth I had - FYI I enjoy my drug buzzes but Im NOT A METH USER/ADDICT, my teeth were just wannabe's.

So its 55 days bitches....just 55 days.......

Admittedly I didn't know 55 days before I was going to Bangkok that I was going but I am not freaking out at all yet like last time.....(stay tuned this will likely change next week).....I am even cool with no general anaesthetic. It might be because this time I know what to expect and I'm going to be seeing people I am familiar with, Loverly, Johnny, Dr Sunil and my Ruby.

I'm a bit sad about Ruby. I have successfully delivered her messages, right into her hand, asking her to contact me, but she hasn't. I'm not sure if its a cultural thing or if I just read the relationship wrong. I really thought we connected. We shared some pretty personal stuff. I want to keep her in my life. I suppose I was just another patient to her but to me she was the most amazing gift from the universe. She was everything I needed in a time of absolute fear and aloneness. I love that woman, I cry when I think about how much love and care she showed me.....RUBY YOU ARE AN ANGEL. I THANK YOU WITH ALL MY SOUL FOR BEING YOU AND BEING THERE!!!!!!

Ill  probably start to blog again a little more now that the end is nigh....This trip to Thailand is going to be very different I'm excited and I'm not one bit apprehensive.

And the best bit is this time the Tooth Fairy is bringing a side kick......look out BKK.......






No comments:

Post a Comment